Advocacy is available for young people who attend CAMHS.
National Youth Advocacy Service
NYAS (National Youth Advocacy Services) provide advocacy for the following groups of children and young people:
- Looked after childrenLooked after children
- Children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)Children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
- Children subject to a child protection planChildren subject to a child protection plan
- Children with a learning disability and difficultiesChildren with a learning disability and difficulties
- Children affected by emotional wellbeing and / or mental health issues
This may sometimes include children and young people living or placed outside the Staffordshire County Council boundaries.
How do I get in contact?
You can contact NYAS, or you can ask someone to contact them for you by:
Phone: 0800 808 1001
You can also download the NYAS app:
Social Media Links
NHS Complaints Advocacy
NHS Complaints Advocacy provides support and confidential advice to guide complainants and families through the NHS complaints process. This is a free service and is not part of the NHS.
The following contact details may be helpful:
For complainants residing in Shropshire: NHS Complaints Advocacy can be contacted on 0300 456 2370 (Monday to Friday, 0900 - 1700). This service is provided by POhWER.
For complainants residing in Staffordshire: this service is provided by Healthwatch Staffordshire and can be contacted on 0800 161 5600 or email email@example.com
For complainants living in neither Staffordshire nor Shropshire: please contact Healthwatch Staffordshire and they will be able to signpost you to the relevant advocacy service in your area.
This information leaflet is produced by Healthwatch Staffordshire:
NHS Complaints Advocacy Booklet